Saturday 22 June 2019

Not cruising! 




The worrying thing hanging over me this morning is my fairly frail grasp on reality. This reality is what I’m calling my occasional short term memory loss .
It’s not a problem for the most part but I do need to bear it in mind and is the main reason why I’m not rushing to book my next cruise.
It’s not just that I didn’t enjoy the last one as much as usual, I remember my feeling of displacement during the first few days of cruising last time too.
So I’m not rushing to make any decisions right now. It isn’t stopping me from looking at the various brochures though. I have settled down several times to be inspired . It hasn’t happened. All the various cruises are ones I’ve already done. None of them are going anywhere I’ve not already been.
This in itself wouldn’t normally stop me but the other factor is that many of the ones I would usually enjoy are going to the Caribbean via a stop in New York. The last time we all stood in line for hours in the drafty shed in Brooklyn to have our papers investigated I swore I would never do it again....
This cuts out several nteresting cruises....
So I’m not rushing to get anything booked. I’m considering staying here. We have some wonderful hotels here in Cornwall and this could be the answer now I’m actually admitting to being an old woman.
I live in the most beautiful place in the world...time to just quietly enjoy it surely?

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

You are quite right.

Cornwall is beautiful and there are many other places like it in the UK. Wales and Scotland have much to offer as has the Lake District, the Yorkshire Dales, the Black Country, the Cotswolds's and even the Islands around the UK.

I suppose you have already been to most of those places, but returning can stir your memory?

What about your Maderia time share? Fly there and back direct without too much delay. And beauty on your doorstep.