Wednesday 24 July 2019

New PM. 

Hopeless!     Me not Boris.   We now have a man in charge of our government that I don’t trust.   I am particularly worried by his links to Farage....

“We are leaving the EU ....do or die!” Words like those fail to enthuse me at all....there are so many really important things to do, like looking after the Health service, the Education budget, and our relationship with Europe as well as the rest of the world. 

Trump getting involved by praising our new PM is very worrying..." They like me over there! " Britain Trump is the scariest thought yet! 

The trouble is that he might be right...Boris might turn out to be our version of the Trump weirdness.  But at least we know that he’s literate......

Waiting now to hear who are the people to share the governing of our country is very worrying. Please don’t let Gove go back to Education....it took years to recover from all his decreed syllabuses. Several people are thought to be tuning down some jobs whilst competing for the more high profile ones. 

None of us are going to be bored over the next months......   it is very unlikely I think that  we will have a general election any time soon. Boris is not silly . He will fight to stay in place but today after seeing the Queen he must settle down to deploying his troops, staff, chaps he can rely on to support him. And he will need them. 

It’s all summer madness I think...running at the same time as a heat wave...Brexit will take centre stage I suppose but I have no enthusiasm for it and I suspect many others will feel the same way.   Help!   

We have voted for this...in a democracy we go along with what the majority of the population wanted...  so prayer seems a reasonable way to deal with this.    And I do!    Over to you God. 


1 comment:

UKViewer said...

I agree with you.

Hopefully, Boris will ignore Farage and also Trump.

If he puts the United Kingdom first, than we might also see some common sense regarding the EU. And hopefully, they will also see sense and allow the deal to be renegotiated to take out the backstop, or at least giving an end date if it is used. And allow the free trade negotiations to proceed bilaterally as well with them as an organisation. If they don't, we have the scenario for the downfall of the government and many former ministers voting against their own government.

A general election is the probable outcome with the spectre of either Farage or Corbyn in No 10 - both of whom I trust even less than I trust Boris.