Sunday 21 July 2019

Sunday! 

No sun here today but it’s still warm.  I will go out later but not to go to church....the pub beckons.   

Eventually I will be able to attend a service in my own parish but right now I just can’t. Sitting up in bed on Sunday morning has its own joys I’m finding...after many years of getting up at seven to do the eight o’clock communion. 

Sunday’s are now once more a time for revisiting old haunts, chatting with old friends and enjoying social intercourse. 

Small local issues are debated and they are now used to seeing me in a social,setting rather than wearing a dog collar. 

I can’t honestly say I am enjoying my retirement just yet...returning to the woman I once was is harder than I imagined. But I’m trying. 

The one thing I’m not is bored.   The news is riveting right now.  On both TV and radio it seems taken for granted that Mr Johnson will be our next Prime Minister. Oh dear.   But it will provide lots of entertainment for us all until we start suffering. The news yesterday that Boris will live in number ten complete with his current lover has started the gossip ball rolling.Especially as he seems not to have any furniture of his own according to one paper headline this morning. 

Mr Hunt hardly gets a mention in all this...it clearly pays to be a colourful figure! 

One of our tankers has been taken over it seems....is this not piracy?    If it was I assume we would be much more stressed than we seem to be. But it’s just one more indication of the daft world we seem to be living in right now.   I am trying very hard not to imagine Borises reaction if  he becomes PM.   Oh dear!   




1 comment:

UKViewer said...

I am getting a bit short sighted. I had a double take on "Social Intercouse" which demonstrates the depths of depravity that can beset short sighted persons as I read that as something quite different :(

Sorry, that I have descended to such depths. But not going to church doesn't mean that you are now a pagan, unless you actually join in their rites in the dark woods, around a fire expecting demons to come and see you.