Friday 16 August 2019

Another dreary day! 

I’m up , dressed and ready.  Off we go to the dentist this morning. But before that happens I have to give my gardener his snap!   We sit together over a cup of tea whilst I am brought up to date with the goings on in the village.  But.... Its raining.  I try to make him work in the barn on these damp occasions even though  he is very resistant to working in the dry. But this morning  my mind is on the dentist. I have found a way of dealing with this which is going to cost me dear   I have asked the young man who carries me between here and Southampton to take me. I don’t really need a driver....but I’ll be safer if I have one. 

He has no idea why I have elected to do this when my car sits on my drive ready to go....but it’s just to make me feel safe. This is a man who drives me hundreds of miles every year..and I can sleep with him at the wheel knowing I’ll be delivered home no matter what we encounter on the journey...it’s just me being soft...another dark day to be lit up. And it is a dark day. It’s pouring down outside.  So plan A is to take the gardener his money and his hot drink etc before setting off.   The village we are going to is about half an hours drive away ....and I am ridiculously nervous. I should be OK with dentists by this time...

I hope this is the last occasion when my teeth have taken over the blog....getting back to normal is definitely on the agenda...

The headline about Tory rebels siding with Corbyn should cheer me up but oddly it’s just depressing...what a world we are living in! 

I would feel better about it if I thought anything would stop Mr Johnson but I fear the ego has landed...having gained his ambition Boris is clearly set on making even more headlines! 

  And it’s raining ...this combined with politics, teeth and all the summer visitors just makes me want to curl up and sit it all out....but the dentist waits....deep breath!  Off we go! 

3 comments:

Ray Barnes said...

Good luck Jean. No-one likes dentist visits even check-ups. At least you know by this evening you will have overcome another hurdle in the race against age.
Why can't we have evolved to the point when something has had its day we just chuck it out and replace it with a new one.?
I could use a skin transplant now. The dreaded excema is back!
I know nobody is perfect, but, it would be nice wouldn't it?

UKViewer said...

I hope that all went well with the Dentist and you now have a gap, filled with probably a temporary fix, which will have to be replace in a month of so when things settle down.

Cornwall - raining? What is the world coming to. I blame Boris, his rhetoric has caused the clouds to gather over the whole country and we've had well above average rainfall here in North Kent. We are not complaining, the Apple Tree, full of Apples is benefiting from the extra rain watering it and making the apples bloom even more. We have so many apples that we will have to give them away as neither of us are fond of them. Last year, we donated them to a lady who is a dab hand at Apple Pie and she made 20 from the crop, which were sold at our weekly charity sale in the church hall.

Can we have a selfie with the smile renewed?

Revjeanrolt said...

I went back to yesterday Ray and saw it wasn’t printed so I tried again. I’d like to blame the gremlins but they might bite back!