Saturday 17 August 2019

Dentists! 

Sorry it’s still tooth  news!   Yesterday at great expense I took a taxi to the dentist a little way away. He parked and waited outside for me whilst the meter ticked on.  As soon as we arrived I recognised the house...I really had been there before...On greeting me the receptionist told me my name was Jean Sharples.  Oh dear....they had found old records...so I should have been impressed....but now I am not Mrs Jean Sharples but Rev Jean Rolt  so some explanation was needed.
Eventually I was introduced to the very young young dentist who took  several X-rays of my  mouth. The stuff in my mouth made me gag several times before I was given a plan...detailing the way to deal with my gap!  It’s much more complicated than I thought.  
Outside my taxi sat , clock ticking...but it gave me some feeling that escape was possible. I left with the plan intact in my handbag. . I have to go back soon.
Back at home a visitor sat waiting. It was the man who had been my dentist before I moved to Cornwall. Now a friend he had turned up prepared to drive me to the  next village but hadn’t told me. I paid the taxi driver....it wasn’t cheap and then settled down with my friend who wanted every detail. I showed him the plan for getting it all sorted out and he was pleased. They had done all the right things...apparently.
He will provide the transport for the next visit...which I’m pleased about...because I do trust him absolutely after twenty years as my dentist.
For the last visit  I will drive myself.   He will not be in Cornwall by that time.  
Well who would believe something so tiny could cause so much angst?   I suppose vanity is the problem here. If the missing tooth had been anywhere else it could have stayed missing but having a gap right at the front of my mouth is embarrassing and does need fixing...
I am now fairly sanguine that I’ll get it done...but it’ll make a nasty hole in my bank account...if I could find an explanation for why I lost the first one I’d feel very much better...this saga could be repeated if I’m very unlucky!   Arghhhhh!

3 comments:

Ray Barnes said...

Let's hope this is the last treatment you'll need and that if and when another tooth decides to abandon ship it will be at the back and won't be missed.
I keep trying to post comments on your blog Jean but for some reason they vanish into thin air. Fingers crossed.

Revjeanrolt said...

I have tried to publish your comments Ray with no success until this morning...I was beginning to think that either you or me had mortally offended the genie in charge. Hopefully this ones making it

UKViewer said...

I suspect that you will have a crown inserted as I have had for over 20 years.

I hope that all goes well on your next two visits.