Friday 23 August 2019

Politicians

It’s rare for me to feel real anger with any politician.   They do their best for us mostly...  I get a bit cross occasionally with some of them but mostly I admire their fortitude no matter what their  belief system.  But I do want them to be people of faith....not necessarily religious faith but a belief in something is I think necessary in a politician.  Belonging to a party sets the tone for most of them. Labour or Conservative we understand what is behind most of their decisions.
But that is no longer the case. I watched the various meetings  yesterday  or at least the small bits of them shown on the television and I found myself shouting at it.   Our Prime Minister was out visiting, seeking solutions to the problems of Brexit. There were none.
But I felt a new feeling of shame. It had nothing to do with the constant dilemna .....it was everything to do with our Prime Minister.
Compared  to the European leaders Boris came over as a buffoon. They all said no. He just grinned foolishly and repeated the mantra,
"We will leave Europe at the end of October , do or die! ".
 Oh come one....this is not a university debating competition..." Do or die?"   It’s the stuff of teenage rebellion. It is not how I want our Prime Minister to conduct himself.  He is making Mrs May look wonderful. At least she knew how to talk to people. Boris doesn’t.   He is so wrapped up in his own legend hat he seems incapable of conducting himself with dignity . If he imagines that we are all going to cheer him on and that as our PM he will become the hero of the hour I’m afraid he is sadly mistaken.  So come on Conservative Party....he will lose many votes for you if you allow him free reign.  I am glad that the Speaker in the Commons seems to be fairly sensible. But someone in government needs to be right now.   Midsummer madness affects us all...and we need faith in those who govern us.  I have none at this moment.   Help!

2 comments:

Bob Collis said...

BoJo the BoZo is displaying all the intellectual capability of that famous "deceased parrot".

UKViewer said...

We have a right to be angry at our politicians of any colour or party.

Yes, some do excellent work (our local MP is such a one) but are so disturbed by what has happened in the past two years that they are not standing for re-election. Our MP has made that decision. After 13 years representing us, taking formerly secure Tory seat, she is going. And we are sad, but understand that she has just had enough!

As for Borish as I describe him, he is an accident waiting to happen, and it will happen before or after Halloween - if we are still in Europe than, he will be kicked out and a general election will be forced, a disaster of enormous potential if Mr Farage just gets into Parliament, let alone into power. I shudder to think.