Thursday 22 August 2019

Strange coincidence! 

Two odd things have grabbed my attention this morning.   The first one is that our PM has got a gap in his top set which is exactly the same as mine. The other one is even more weird...I keep getting mail to inform me that the time for claiming my PPI payment is  about to expire. 

As I’ve made no such claim I am treating this information with a yawn.  My  bank account is the joint one that goes back many years to when I was married to a very senior bank manager, I am fairly sure that the first David would have sorted out any discrepancies on the spot but as it is now over twenty years since he died I am very reluctant to start anything else. It is interesting that if I actually visit a bank these days someone always asks me which branch I managed.   It’s very nice that I might actually resemble a retired bank manager but it wasn’t me!   I just married one. The request for my bank details so that I can be paid  a lot of money does not impress me at all. If it’s true I lose out but I’ve always been told to never reveal any banking details on the web. So I don’t. I wasn’t married to a bank manager for nothing! 

The sight of the gap in the tooth of Boris actually made me laugh. I’ve never noticed it before but it is there . The upper incisor is obviously at risk...  for us all. I don’t know how long he’s had the gap....the only reason I’m noticing it now is because it’s just the same as mine.   I was visited by a very old friend last night and she hadn’t noticed it’s loss until I laughed and then she trod very carefully for the next couple of minutes before I reassured her that I was booked in for replacement  soon.    My gap doesn’t look too bad but then I’m not talking on the TV all the time.   I suppose that right now Boris hasn’t the time to go to the dentist....he is a bit busy.  But from now on I shall keep my eye on his gap.    

So on I go...to the dentist again next week.   Hopefully I will be able to laugh freely again soon!   

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

As they say on the Railways, when the trains don't meet the platform fully "Mind the Gap" :)