Sunday 22 September 2019

An outing? 

It’s another Sunday where all I want to do is stay in bed...it is very strange...I don’t want to go to church, mostly because there would be too many questions to answer. Going to a service at the Cathedral would be better but the inclination to drive to Truro is sadly lacking.  So I will once again do my own thing at home.  I have not become an atheist. God still fills my life but I no longer feel able to share this on a face to face basis...which is sad I suppose but I am not missing my visits to church very much any more....I’ve got used to it. 

A friend rang me up last week to ask if I was able to go for an outing next week. I regret not asking her more questions now because I’ve started to worry about how much walking might be involved..  My age has caught up with me significantly in the last months...the face that looks out of the mirror at me now has white streaks in the hair!   There are no lines or wrinkles as yet but it’s only a matter of time.....

Continueing to do all the things I have always done is part of the mindset that refuses to believe that I’m old...even though I am.   But this isn’t going to stop me from doing the things I enjoy...I am just not sure I can walk round stately homes or beautifully laid out gardens like I used to do . 

I walk around my own garden several times a day of course...and this is not a small area....it’s about half an acre and I sometimes move around it several times to keep my muscles intact...I am not giving in...I must keep moving because the alternative is to become moribund...both in limb and spirit...which is one of the reasons for keeping the blog going day by day...I’m not ready to quit anything yet...

Losing my loved ones has I think made me this determined bloody minded old woman.  I miss them all, especially my children but having survived so far I seem to be in no hurry to join them.  Life is still good..thank you God. 

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Sometimes we agree to something than immediately regret it. Perhaps you underestimate your stamina? or appetite for visiting places of repute.

I would love to live in Cornwall with all of those opportunities to explore the environment there. We've taken holidays there over the years as well as the rest of the Uk and we had two world travel tips to the near and far east and back via the USA, which satisfied our hunger for long distance travel. Not wanting any more flights, apart from short haul.

And we are both getting that bit older, when you have to consider your ability to cope with things like stairs or ladders or distance on foot.

Presumably the place you go next week will have some form of mobility aid, perhaps a self-drive buggy or golf cart, which would help you to get around if necessary. These are an essential these days as larger resorts or attractions or they will discriminate against the less abled. I am picturing you speeding around with hair blowing in the wind and all of the oldies on foot, leaping out of your way>