Saturday 14 September 2019

Passwords! 

Yesterday was different.  Despite my planning not to touch the problem of being unable  to post my blog I of course eventually did.  But I spent far too much time trying to get it up and running and failed miserably when it kept asking me for a password!  I do try to use the same one all the time but that didn’t last long so I could not remember which one I was using....and that was just the start of the problem. 

At the same time Cunard were asking me for information for which I needed my password too, naturally a different one from all the others...help! Passwords have now become the bane of my life! 

Old friends tried to help...and they did...it was reassuring to know that my blog had actually been missed..but by the afternoon, I was tired...and fed up...ready to give up blogging for ever!  And then a lady I had met on a cruise years ago sent me a message..about her own password problem and this really cheered me up...she said to ring Cunard to explain the problem and they would sort it out for me....and they did! I suspect that I’m not the only old woman to get confused...

But what was wonderful about yesterday was how many people actually missed the blog and rang me  up or emailed me to ask if I needed help!   I occasionally must have sounded exasperated....because I was. 

So let’s see what another day brings.  After all the angst yesterday I took a glass of wine to drink whilst I watched the TV...I felt no guilt, or embarrassment...after the day I’d had it was richly deserved....and needed! 

No comments: