Wednesday 18 September 2019

Supreme Court on TV! 

Strange world we are living in....I spent sometime yesterday watching the workings of the Supreme Court on my iPad.  I was invited to press on a link and there it was...lots of ancient people listening and contributing to a debate on whether it was legal to close down parliament for five weeks. It continues today...but I don’t think I’ll be joining in again...the fact that I can if I want is enough for me! 

So last night I watched the interview on the TV with David Cameron...poor man.  I admired the fact that the interviewer didn’t pull his punches...he asked the questions we all wanted the answers too. And we got them in a sort of public exhibition of desperate grief which made me regret yet again that we lost him as our Prime Minister and got Boris instead.  Only one thing cheered me up....his total dislike of Gove after being great friends for years . And that got me realising that what is now happening with Boris could have been worse....it might have been Gove! 

What a mess!    The Supreme Court sits again today..and I may join in again at some stage if only for the fascinating glimpse of our elder statesman working .   They are all so polite to each other...and are genuinely seeking the truth . I am hoping that they may come to the conclusion that closing parliament down for five weeks is wrong and try to put it right...but there are thousands of words before we get to a vote I think. 

Nothing at the moment feels normal...in fact trying to identify what constitutes normality is impossible... The  weather  here is beautiful.  I must go out and do some gardening too...I have a garden full of tons, literally of apples and pears...   if I gather some of them and store them they will last through the winter....but there are far  more than I can manage...  In the past I have invited  in one of the classes from school but they took it as an invitation to run wild...and I’m not quite ready for that now!  

So picking up the dropped apples plus  watching the Supreme Court debate is likely...   and I’m not complaining.   I am a very fortunate woman! .

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Nothing will ever be our normal again. There is too much going on to allow that. Whatever the Supreme Court decides, there is no doubt in my mind that Boris intends to leave on 31st October, and live out the consequences.

Parliament is powerless. It can make a law against No Deal, but it can't tell the EU what to do. If the EU does not get the answers that it demands, they will refuse to budge and a crash out would be the consequence. So in reality if Boris missed the deadline of 30th Sep to give them his plan they may refuse to negotiate any further. An unelected PM would take us into the unknown through his fickle nature.