Thursday 24 October 2019

Aging . 

Having finished the unpacking yesterday  I then had another problem. I have lost my watch. It’s a big mans watch with an easy to read face..  so I spent far too long looking for it. I know it’s here somewhere...but so far it’s eluded me and taken up far too much time. 

I am starting to realise that this is how the future will look.  I am forgetting things so I write everything down now.. I don’t like the woman I am becoming but there’s nothing much I can do about it. So ...people tell me that it’s all part of the aging process.  If I hear that one more time I shall scream...

They also go on to say how wonderful I am for my age....apparently I’m in pretty good nick for an octogenarian. Somehow that fails to cheer me... especially when I am looking everywhere for lost items.....

My car started yesterday on the first try...so that was something to be grateful,for. And I am...

As we have now passed October 22 I can start to relax.   That date has been a landmark moment when many awful things have happened in my life.   So it was a relief yesterday when I realised that this year the only bad thing was losing my watch.   It’s a small thing in the larger fabric of life...  thank you God. 


1 comment:

UKViewer said...

You are in danger of talking yourself into being older than you actually are.

Poor memory affect us a bit younger, but now that I have passed the three score and ten promised I can look forward to slowing down a bit and putting on my flat cap and slippers, which I have taken to wearing for the first time in years.

But also the seasons change faster than I remember, perhaps we are in a race to reach a three figure age?

Keep blogging and going out to meet people or welcome them to your home. It is that that keeps us young, vibrant and interesting to the younger generations.

Now, where did I put my cap?