Tuesday 12 November 2019

Dirty Tricks? 

Listening to the radio first thing in the morning means you hear stuff which is later denied by all concerned .  This leaves me with the feeling that no one can be trusted with the actual truth.   I woke this morning to hear Hilary Clinton telling us what we ought to be doing in this country!  What? 

Both parties are telling us that everyone  but them is lying.  This may well be true but as a build up to an election I find it very depressing. We take it for granted I think that the truth can be manipulated by politicians. But the thought of actual lies is repugnant to most of us. 

Calling a general election before Christmas seems another basic mistake...I shall be sure to use my vote but other people I’ve spoken to just don’t feel it’s important enough to get them moving.   Perhaps that’s what Boris is counting on?  Fake News?  Actual lies? 

Believing the Russians are interfering in our elections requires a degree of trust in the purveyors of the news that I don’t have.  I can accept it as possible...but wether it actually happened I am not sure. I can understand Hilary Clinton needs to be able to blame them for her disappointment in the US elections...but here?   I really can’t think what they might get out of it. 

And why is Hilary Clinton urging us on in this country!   Politics has always been a dirty game in that those with the most money can afford to publicise their views and use them to win elections.   But do we really need to be manipulated by anyone?   Are we being influenced every day by powerful forces that remain anonymous?   It’s a scary thought.   Politics has always been a dirty game but now with the internet and the ease of communicating with each other are we being steered by those we may not approve of? 

Staying alert is obviously required of us but it’s all too easy to become cynical about people’s motives  during election manoeuvring .

So I shall just try to enjoy it all without taking it too seriously...but is that what Boris is counting on?   Several weird weeks are coming up...I shall enjoy hearing most of it before I go and vote.    But go I must....this is much too important a moment to opt out of....

But we have some interesting weeks to come! 


1 comment:

UKViewer said...

The mutual character destruction from all directions is a sign of how desperate the mainstream parties are. Even the Lib Dems have descended to the lowest level in their efforts to be "the only party for remain", when Green and SNP are both remain parties.

All of this is really politicing in the basement or even deeper down. I won't vote for anyone who lies to me, but I wonder how we know. We haven't even seen the Manifesto's yet, so everything so far is bluster, pure and simple. One-Upmanship and garbage in the main.

When will we get the real story and promises that we can hold them to?

At the moment it is all pie in the sky and promises, particularly on expenditure which will put the nation in debt to our grand children or great grand childrens maturity.

Lies, Lies and untruths abound.