Sunday 17 November 2019

Great weekend!


Oh dear....the music has been wonderful. But I am having real trouble with my various cards. This started last week when I made a mistake by putting in the wrong card after having lunch with my daughter in law. Although I rang the bank nothing has gone well since. Yesterday eating at a very smart hotel it simply refused both of my cards. So I now owe money to people I’ve known for years.
Today I have to take my cheque book with me so that I can pay my debts.
It’s almost certainly my fault...I acknowledge that! But it’s still very annoying!
So today I have to talk to the bank....again.
The last concert is this afternoon.....it will be a grand finale for a wonderful occasion. I’m afraid old friends are now convinced that I’m going gaga by this time. And I might be I suppose!
An extremely good thing this weekend apart from the music has been meeting up with old friends. I now have several invitations to see people locally that I’d got out of touch with...
The luxury today is that there is no concert this morning....so I can stay in bed for a while...because I am tired....non stop activities are taking their toll....but fortified by some wonderful music I can get through the day today secure in the knowledge that tomorrow it all goes back to normal. Hopefully !

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Problems with cars are not limited to your problems. Others, including me have had similar problems. Three wrong pin numbers and the card is blocked. And banks can be quite wary of unblocking them, until they are convinced that you are who you say that your are.

Cheques are OK, but very few places accept them these days. One cheque I received recently and paid in, was blocked after being credited to my account, completely unnecessarily. Something about only one signature, when there should have been two. It took days to sort out, but in the end, they agreed that there had been a mistake and gave me compensation for the inconvenience it had caused. I have a system of alerts on my bank so if a debit looks suspicious or is over a certain level, they send me a text message. Good security in that respect. Does you bank not do the same? Because you can text back from a recognised phone number to get things done.

And I am glad you enjoyed the concerts.