Monday 18 November 2019

Aftermath! 

Wonderful weekend!    It ended with two talented pianists playing duets on the huge grand piano.  Magnificent  is the only word that covers it!   I have never heard  such extraordinary music being created before my eyes....and ears....

My friends all go home again this week and I have to admit that a period of quiet will be very good now.   Sometime soon I will start to think about the Christmas cruise....but right now it feels eons away.  I can get up no enthusiasm for sailing away in December.  But I expect it will be alright when I’ve had a couple of quiet days. 

Non stop activity is no longer an option for me I’m afraid and I can’t stay  in bed because my cleaner arrives soon!  Cleaning around my recumbent figure is clearly not an option for either of us.  

So this week I will start to consider my options for  festive  evening wear!   But right now I have no enthusiasm at all for cruising...I expect it will come on despite the electioneering that is in full swing.  Every time I catch a glimpse of any of the politicians that are  involved I just groan.  Corbyn versus Boris is such an unlikely line up for the job of leading our country through the next few years that I’m trying very hard not to wish we had some better leaders because neither of them looks a good one to me!  

Once I’m not as tired as I am now I shall start to enjoy it all I expect ....I always love to listen to all the would be successful contenders 

...so a period of resting will sort me out....hopefully!  

No comments: