Tuesday 19 November 2019

Leaders debate? 

I shall be watching the TV tonight seeing Boris and Corbyn face each other in debate.  But the bottom line is that as yet I don’t want either of them to lead our country into whatever lies ahead. 

I am sorry that Keir Starmer resigned as the deputy leader of the Labour Party because I thought he was much better than Mr Corbyn.  

The current Labour leader does not give me any reason to vote for him as yet!   But I shall be going out to vote in December .  This is not  one  I could possibly miss, its far too important.  

The only party I could vote for is the Green one....so far! But splitting the anti Boris vote could be dodgy on this occasion.  I really don’t want Mr Johnson as our PM.  Nothing that he is doing or saying persuades me to put my cross in his box.   I see him and think, "Clown" 

Someone who wanted to be our Prime Minister since he was the mayor of London...he simply saw it as an extension to his overwhelming personality.  But does this make for a good Prime Minister? 

I suppose all politicians must have personal ambition as well as personal convictions but it’s usually not quite so apparent.  

The last hastily called election proved a disaster for Mrs May ...She failed to get the majority she needed and I am hoping that Boris will suffer the same fate. But at some stage Britain needs to settle down to actually governing the country.  Bribery seems to be the main movement.  Promise tax cuts, promise better returns on investments ...putting more spending power into the voters hands seems to be the main motive for many of the suggestions...but taxation is the civilised way of dealing with the inequality of society. 

I pay a lot of tax.  I have never complained about this.   If it went up soon i wouldn’t actually like it but if it helps pay for education or the NHS it would be money well spent. I look forward to listening to the debate tonight...but I doubt it will change my mind on anything! 

2 comments:

UKViewer said...

I thought that the Deputy Leader who resigned was Tom Watson? He has also resigned from Parliament.

Kieth Starmer is still there, a former DPP turned politician. He wasn't that successful as DPP, but has been more prominent as an MP, rather than as a Civil Servant.

He is part of the so called "London, Metropolitan Bubble" a group of "Lovies" who believe that the world revolves around them. Brexit wasn't their decision, and the rest of the country haven't got a clue??

I am not a fan, because he all too often shows his superlative opinion believing that he is right and everyone else is wrong.

Rat Bites said...

The rest of *which* country? Scotland, Wales and NI appear to think he's right. And the "only we count" attitude of England is having exactly the same effect on them you say London is on you.

Didn't watch the show - too busy watching the furore on Twitter about CCHQ changing their account name to at best pretend they were a neutral "fact checker", or at worst, impersonate a real account belonging to Channel 4 News. If I were going to vote for crooks, I'd want to at least find some competent ones (!)