Tuesday 10 December 2019

Voting!

I watched a very long election broadcast last night which kept me involved throughout which after weeks of this stuff was no easy task.
This election just before Christmas was the choice of our present Prime Minister who clearly hopes we are all too busy to get to the polls....
Oh dear! I think we all feel personally involved this time even though the timing is very strange.
The only good thing is that we are all very well informed because I’ve watched everything so far and am less than impressed with it all. Just when people should be preparing for Christmas we have this daft election thrust upon us. I think it likely that after we have voted we might well be in the same boat after the election...so what is the point? It is all to get Boris a proper majority clearly so that he can do everything he wants to in the future.
This is a very scary prospect...and it’s what will get me to the polling station this week even though I’m voting against a Conservative majority.
For me this is the norm. Since I first started to vote I’ve never backed a candidate who was elected and this time is no different. I shall still vote though...so that when I start moaning next year my conscience will be clear.
Beyond a miracle it looks very likely that Boris will win his majority. So the future is not looking good...but I won’t be around to see it . At my age  it is very unlikely that I’ll survive for long enough to see far into the future.
Which is probably just as well!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

You may be right about Borish, but who knows what the tactical voting by some parties which is encouraging individuals to vote tactically to prevent a Tory getting in. I believe that more likely we will have a hung parliament if that happens, and just more of the same. I pray for a majority government as at least something will get done, whether we like it or not.