Tuesday 21 January 2020

Comments?

I find myself in a bit of a dilemma some mornings. This one in particular has decided me on a course of action which I had hoped would not happen. I have blogged for years....I enjoy noting the detritus of my life both when I’m cruising and at home. It is a part of my daily life which I value but I am giving some thought to stopping...or maybe not always publishing my jottings. It’s the comments which have started to alarm me. Some days the comments are several times longer than the original paragraph. I try to stick to short paragraphs most days and then find comments which are several times longer than mine. Up to now I’ve published them but when like this morning I find comments very much longer than the original paragraph I pause to think! So I am no longer automatically pressing the "publish" button. I have had complaints from other regular readers about the length of the comments. So please, if you are a regular reader and contributor can I ask for brevity please....no more three page assays attached to a short paragraph. I feel rotten having said all that and I’m sorry to be acting like an editor myself but I really don’t need to extend the size of my blog pages....Please try to stick to one sentence if you want to comment....I don’t like acting like an editor but on some days it is necessary I’m afraid.

1 comment:

Bob Collis said...

Please Jean.
KEEP BLOGGING.
Ignore those with any form of verbal vomiting sickness.
They can pontificate as much as they like on their own blog site.

Stay well and keep blogging.