Wednesday 22 January 2020

Dull politics!

I am sleeping later than I used to right now. Perhaps it is something to do with the fact that I’m going to bed later! I enjoy the late night programs a lot and stay up late quite often now I’m the only one in the house. Getting my husband into bed took a lot of energy as he became much weaker. Getting me into bed, can also take time if the late night news shows interest me. And they almost invariably do. Watching politics late at night makes them feel less real. We can’t possibly for instance have a PM called Boris whose face grins at me out of the TV on most nights. Clearly this is some late nightmare! Apologies to those who tell me in hurt tones how wonderful he is when I laugh out loud at some of his statements on the box. I just don’t get it! It’s just as well that I’m an old woman...with any luck I shall miss the aftermath of our present political debating points as viewed on late night shows that don’t seem at all cutting edge to me. It feels like a joke. What happened to all the proper politicians please? The Labour Party isn’t taking advantage of the Boris factor at all having been taken over by several young women who smile a lot! We need some good rows now...left versus right would be interesting , watching them chose which group they belong to. And that is the problem I think. Politics have been sanitised! They are all too pleasant. So why am I staying up too late? Because sooner or later a proper row will ensue! They will go back to shouting at each other so come on ladies...you can do this! ...please!

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

I never watch Boris, just dislike his voice and some of the things he says.

But he is our PM, so we will have him for the next five years - shame really