Thursday 23 January 2020

Brexit soon?

Looking out at another dark grey day I have remembered why David always booked a cruise for this time of the year. The world cruises started after Christmas and lasted a couple of months and every morning now I read what I wrote in my blog during a two month period of being away. On my own I haven’t spent more than a month away but at this time of the year I do yearn for some sunshine which warms. Moving to Cornwall was another way of combatting the January gloom and mostly this does work... The gloom this year is compounded for me by the fact that we are leaving a secure comfortable place in Europe to set out alone in the big wide world out there. I have no way of knowing how this upheaval will affect me....but I trust not too badly... January is bad enough without undergoing serious change which no one seems to be able to forecast. Does anyone know how Brexit is going to affect us individually? It seems to be mostly guesswork right now... This is not a good start to a year...but I did want to be here, in this country for it.... This feels like a moment...a time of change which I can only pray is not going to be too disruptive...either for me or everyone else. Prayers ascending....

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Almost out it seems. What the future hold, only God knows?

But it a sad time for many of us.