Saturday 25 January 2020

Drinking at lunch time?

I’m becoming very dozy I’m afraid..I thought I’d blogged but I clearly hadn’t...or I have lost it somewhere between bed and sofa. I was up fairly early this morning to be ready for a grocery delivery...This is for me a wonderful invention. To sit and shop in bed is an act only dreamed of in past years. I am aware of the dangers involved here....it would be very easy to overspend but so far so good. I joked with the man delivering my grocery this morning...that it was something I could only dream of in past years when I catered for a family instead of just one woman. And then I put it all away. Several bottles were included in the delivery....it’s not just food coming to the door...ahem! For me it’s the easy way...I continue the long held habit of having a glass of wine with my meals most evenings though I am carful about drinking at lunch time. The only exception is Sunday because David always opened a bottle of claret on Sunday.. I regret my choice is not as good as his but a glass of plonk goes down well with supermarket roast dinners. Providing I remember it ! Writing this blog at lunch time is another small warning to myself...I have become forgetful. Ok I admit it.

2 comments:

Nancy Wallace said...

Have you got some haggis, neeps, tatties and whisky, for Burns Night tonight?

Revjeanrolt said...

Not yet...but I will have....love Burns night!