Wednesday 15 January 2020

New start.

The last of my friends goes home today. Since arriving back I have been wizzed out for meals, taken to various favour places , spent time with people I ve known for over forty years and it has all been good. But now is the time to simply rest. I have yet to tackle my car...during all this appalling weather it seemed daft to even try to start it...but now life must get real. There is plenty of time to get the garage out before the weekend. Politics in this country are just too scary. The thought that radical change is only weeks away really does scare me. I have no idea how Brexit will affect me...but it’s still very frightening as it looms nearer. Did anyone consider us old ones? Oh dear. I have become a moaner whilst I was out enjoying myself! Whilst what’s happening in this country is frightening I am still amazed by what’s happening to Trump! He might be re-elected! Having watched American TV whilst I was away I am staggered by how popular he still seems to be! There’s no accounting for taste! I have planned a fairly quiet day today recovering from all this pleasure...I did finish the unpacking yesterday. I even got my cases back into their cupboard so it is a clean sheet today. I have yet to read all the letters that arrived inside cards whilst I was at sea... There’s plenty to do....I’d better get on with it!

2 comments:

Revjeanrolt said...

My car started first push after being immobile for five weeks! So you see, there is a God!

UKViewer said...

I think that you are being wise to take one thing at a time. I believe that your car should be oK, if it has a newish battery and has been run before you went on the cruise.