Thursday 16 January 2020

Over heating?

Yesterday went well. I actually did quite a lot in small episodes...but I was also able to sit down a lot and have a nap after lunch. Wonderful! I’m almost back to the routine I kept before going away. Yesterday was a lovely day but the wind is up again this morning. ..... So be it. I’ve only trudged around my garden once since arriving home but my gardener arrives later so I’ll have to have some ideas for when I speak to him. But I am feeling very much better than I did. Jet setting is clearly not for me any more. I do though think that my cruising days are over. I stil enjoy them whilst I’m there but it’s taken far too long to get back to normal this time. This is dull stuff. Sorry. What isn’t dull at all though are the number of climate warnings received every day. All over the world countries are reporting warmer winters, seas and continents. If we really are on a self destruct course then it’s clearly time to go into reverse...it can not be too late yet surely? The trouble is that we’ve all got used to taking the easy way out of problems...keeping our life styles at any cost has become the norm...but as the costs mount up then it’s surely time to do something about it. The trouble is to decide what! And stick to it when it becomes inconvenient. Better minds than mine are involved in this problem ... I can just hold on for dear life and hope for the best for us all! over to you God.

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Glad you are more rested and feeling better. Jet setting and cruising are not carbon neutral, so your decision to refrain might be a sensible one. But everything we do is carbon usage, our heating, our driving, our food production and many industrial processes. Even using the internet isn't carbon neutral, I hear that the collection of data by internet companies is quite carbon heavy, so perhaps we need to consider just how much data we give away, but it seems that every key stroke online causes carbon use. Perhaps we will go back to pen and ink, but that also is not carbon neutral.

I suppose that bah humbug is also carbon usage, but I say it anyway.