Friday 17 January 2020

Sweet old dear?

I’m getting old. I should apologise for saying that rather too often but somehow I can’t. I am getting old dam it! Since arriving home almost a week ago I have forgotten all sorts of details. The answer to that is to write everything down. But then I lose those too!
Last night a man I met on the last cruise phoned me. Whilst we chatted I racked my brain trying to remember where he lived...no where near here anyway thank goodness.
I am getting worse I know but at least I knew who I was talking to. Since I got home this has not always been the case.
It has though strengthened my decision not to go off on my own again. I could get left behind in a foreign country !
Now I know that this is ridiculous. I’m not as bad as that...yet...but at my present rate of deterioration it is only a matter of time.
My gardener is here this morning so I have been racking my old brain as to whether I left him enough money to last till I got home. I think I did but I will have to check with him to make sure !
Oh dear. Maybe it’s time to settle down to being a sweet old lady. A bit dizzy but all right really!
I am afraid that my time left on earth will be confusing at times, filled with odd conversations with people I don’t really know. But I am very determined on one issue.....I will not be travelling up to the Midlands where this man seems to be holding a Cunard get together! At least that seemed to be what he was talking about.
Staying safely at home, paying my gardener what I owe him and not planning any more adventures seems to be my solution to this aging thing...
And by next week I shall be back to normal I suppose! It just depends what normal might be! Oh dear!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Normal for you is three cruises a year (or more) so staying home will be the new normal.

As for a Cunard get together, that sounds like a ploy to get you to visit him, I would say a polite NOWAY and let him get on with his life, without your presence.

But at least your conversations here are relatively normal. I was thinking of doing a word count on your blogs mentioning old or ageing or confused, but decided not to do so, because that might prove my own old or ageing if I got it wrong.