Tuesday 7 July 2020

Cruising!

Last night I watched a programme on the TV about how this present pandemic was caused by cruise ships. It made total sense, especially as I was on one of them. It was a long cruise starting before Christmas. We crossed the Atlantic and spent a couple of days in New York before then sailing down to the Caribbean. I was unwell after leaving New York and spent quite a lot of time in the medical centre waiting but my problem was my skin and I was in no danger of catching anything but I sat and watched other people clearly unwell being stretchered out. We had two dramatic rescues whilst at sea. We were given no information at all....I only know that something bad was happening because I saw it. Now all my suspicions have been confirmed. When we went back to New York I was too poorly to get off. Returning home across the Atlantic I recovered well enough to get back to Cornwall, telling my taxi driver that my cruising days were over. The program last night answered all of my suspicions. And as well as my own experience we also have the huge liner still moored up in Falmouth for at least a month. So it seems to be true. This present pandemic does seem to have been spread by the cruise ships. I don’t know whether it will ever recover...I am told that the ships I know best are moored permanently in Southampton. I know I will never cruise again..at least not on the huge luxury liners I had got used to. I feel very sad...but during this period of cruising I visited places around the world that I would never have seen any other way. The program last night was the final conclusion to this sad story. So be it.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Rat Bites said...

And air travel. I live near a popular holiday airport, and knew loads of people were returning from half term holidays to Italy just as things were starting to really kick off there.
We started our own lockdown when the Irish announced they were cancelling St Patrick's Day!