Sunday 5 July 2020

Staying sane!

Sunday will never be the same again I’m afraid..I do join in various church services found on line but getting up and going to the church may never be my habit again. I am much better worshipping on my own. Singing hymns in my garden occasionally startles passers by but joining in actual services may never become the norm for me . This morning I do intend to drive to the next village where the lovely little chapel has opened for private prayer. Sitting quietly in a place I love often brings tears these day so I find that I’m avoiding contact where possible. We are all becoming different people during this pandemic ....some times better people, sometime worse...I am not sure which category I fit into. But I am different...spending weeks alone hasn’t bothered me...in fact I enjoy it... The sounds from the road outside suggest that other people are up and about...and a remarkable number of walkers pass by everyday. The cruise liner moored up in Falmouth is still there and shows no sign of anyone left on board. It’s all very strange...and at the end of this period, whenever that may be I think we are all going to be different people. Single people particularly are finding new ways of surviving alone...and it’s alright mostly. Playing games on line with real people is now something to look forward to though I am avoiding those who think sex on line is a good idea.....don’t ask me how it’s done...I drop the connection at the first suggestion...but it does keep happening...Using a picture of me dressed in clerical gear might put them off a bit but it’s not something I want to risk...
So....given the fact that I live alone with no friends close by I am developing new ways of staying sane....well mostly sane....ahem!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

I think that you are remarkably sane given your isolation. I would go stir crazy in your situation.

But I hope that you feel able to go to the little chapel today if you feel the need, but not to any formal services.

Prayers as you consider the options.