Tuesday 11 August 2020

No sleep!

I have slept very badly. I am hurting and have failed to find any relief during a very long night. Even pain killers which I’m reluctant to take haven’t helped much. This morning an old friend is coming so I must get myself up and moving soon but right now with no enthusiasm . I have no idea what has made my joints creak so badly because I’ve done nothing unusual over the last days. But I do hurt. And I haven’t had much sleep. So this is a dismal blog post for which I apologise. It’s most unusual for me. I shall be glad to see my friend this morning but a quick look in the mirror reveals a creased and haggard looking person looking back who only bears a distant relation to me, the real me. Yesterday I took delivery of several parcels which I’d forgotten I’d ordered.. ...getting all the cardboard together and folded neatly took a lot of effort and is probably the reason why I’m hurting this morning...so during the night a decision was taken....no more ordering stuff which will come in boxes...getting rid of all the card board is going to be the main problem of the week. So sorry...it’s not often I feel like this and hopefully it won’t happen again...on the other hand most of the boxes contained various sorts of scotch with daft names....at least I wasn’t tempted to sample this during the night...that really would have been bad. So just a coffee will be enough to get me moving....hopefully. Putting the kettle now.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

https://pixie-mum.blogspot.com/ said...

Although I think that Cornwall doesn’t have the high temperatures and humidity of the South East of England May I recommend the advice we were given by DH’s tinnitus consultant? Drink lots of water, apparently helpful for many health issues. Easy to tell if haven’t drunk enough, no visits to the loo!

DH needs reminding, the watchword is “Rehydrate” from an incident when we visited Rome about 18 years ago, near the Vatican and in the shade of a colonnaded building a loud American voice shouted at a line of her students (we assume) to rehydrate whereupon out came the water bottles.

One day we will be back to visit our friends in Falmouth, for now staying local.

Revjeanrolt said...

Although in Cornwall we don’t have the same problems I did spend most of my adult life in Essex where heat was a problem most summers. When I moved here I brought fans and things with me which I’ve never needed to use.

UKViewer said...

I was thinking of some WD40 to oil the joints, but I suspect that is for machines, not human beings. Voltorul can be ordered online and is a really good pain relief rubbed on to the aching joints. Might just work for you.