Thursday 6 August 2020

What next?

After yesterday’s complaint about having toothache I have a new moan this morning....my face is so itchy that it woke me up with the need to scratch about six o’clock . So I am now trying very hard to keep my hands away from my forehead! Arghhhh! What on earth is going on here? Listening to the news on the radio I realise that my small problems are tiny compared to many peoples.
But my self isolation is going to be broken this morning anyway. I have a delivery of grocery due to arrive in a few hours. It’s quite remarkable how happy this makes me. Having a full fridge is an unexpected treat! Life continues...for a couple of weeks anyway! I had to stop there to rub my face to bring some relief to this intense itch. Oh dear...this very weird period we are living through is bringing some very odd moments......I have yet to look in the mirror this morning but it must be a terrible sight. Over the last week I have watched my hair change colour. I have always been mousey.....dull even but until this week there hasn’t been much grey hair apparent...however a look in the mirror yesterday showed a new look....I’ve gone silver...in just one streak right at the front...it looks quite nice...I’m not complaining...but it just adds to the general feeling of change...nothing much looks like it did a week ago...so it leads me to wonder ....what next? I should get up to look in the mirror now...but somehow it’s a bit worrying...I don’t want to frighten the young man who will arrive with my grocery. I can see quite a lot from my window and the cruise ship "The World" is still there...and somehow this is reassuring...I really don’t know why...except that in this period of personal change it’s good to have something fixed.
It’s still very early so I may bring a coffee back to bed with me now...trying to avoid seeing myself in the mirror...oh dear!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

It is good that the tooth isn't bothering you as much as the itchy forehead.

I hope that is all subsides. As for the Silver hair, it might make you more attractive to those who pursue you online, that is, if you update your profile pictures?

But I have had grey hair for more than 10 years and can't remember my former light brown hair of yesteryear, but the eyebrows remind me as so far, they haven't sprouted many grey hairs.