Saturday 8 August 2020

Coming clean!

I have some phone calls to make today.. I am aware that I have let some of my friends down with no real explanation. I have failed to turn up to group activities like going to church or to watch plays where I have to sit with lots of people. I just don’t go...and I haven’t told anyone here why. This problem started on my last cruise when on several occasions I had large red parches on my face. A visit to the medical centre there helped a little in that I was given an ointment which helped the itching but I spent most of my time looking dreadful. On coming home this problem continued. So I just didn’t go out if it looked bad. Some days I look normal. Other days I have large red patches or black eyes . I definitely look pretty bad so I just don’t go out. But I have let people down so today is the day for explanations. There is a name for my skin problem. It’s psoriasis as named by my doctor when I last saw him. And I’ve got it for the rest of my life. The main problem is that I don’t want sympathy...I just want my friends to know why I don’t turn up or behave normally on occasions. Right now I don’t look too bad...so I can go out if necessary. But most of my revelations will be done on the phone. As I have spoken in this blog about this problem before all my regular readers will already be aware of it...it’s my local friends who are complaining that they never see me...I have used my self isolation as my excuse for not going out...but it’s time for some honesty now I think. So be it.....I can do this......


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

UKViewer said...

I suffer from Psiarious as well, mainly stress related. It was worse when I was working, and after retirement when I was in the Discernment process, more stress than I needed, particularly for BAP.

Once I got the No, it all subsided. When I started training for Reader, it wasn't an issue, apart from when Assignments were due. When it stretched from three years into four, due to the gaps between modules that was tiring, but I coped because I was doing active ministry in the meantime.

Now, despite Jen's illness, I have one or two patches, but they go away quite quickly. As you say, it is life long, so I need to avoid stress if at all possible. Perhaps you not going out, is giving you stress? or Not seeing people could be doing it?

I do hope that you are able to get the balance between isolation and going out to a level that removes the stress somewhat.

barb m said...

I have psoriasis so does my husband it’s a very common skin condition. It gets worse if one gets too stressed.
I doubt many over 70s are having group gatherings whilst we still have a pandemic.

Revjeanrolt said...

Depends which church you attend.

Revjeanrolt said...

I am actually aware that psoriasis is fairly common...but several years ago I had to go into hospital to have a lump removed from my face which was skin cancer..I was there for five days whilst wondering what the fuss was about...the doctors left me in no doubts...it was serious. So I can’t take any chances now...no one volunteers for a skin operation twice.