Sunday 22 November 2020

Big delivery!

It does not feel like Sunday. It does not feel like any day that I can identify.... it just feels like the weather outside, dull and dreary! Having slept well I am reluctant to leave my warm bed. Its safe here.....but outside its very quiet with nothing much moving along the road. Yesterday I nearly broke lockdown again. I got myself ready to start the car and drive into the next village where I knew thete would be at least one shop open. And then I remembered..so I didnt go. I wont go far today either...so its a bit boring isnt it? It is dull I admit but its also safe...and I dont really need much just now..apart from some company. One thing yesterday shook me. I must have had a wobble last week at the thought of Christmas approaching. A huge amount of alcohol arrived... far more than I needed. My first thought was that it was clearly a mistake but no , there it was in my outbox...I had ordered enough wine to keep me happy for the next year or so. I am sure it will come in handy, not least as gifts for anyone turning up here unexpectedly . Now its all been put away I dont feel too embarassed about it...some forward planning isnt a bad idea...and Christmas is lookng a whole lot better!

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Hic!!!

Martha's Sister said...

Good afternoon Jean.
Loads of booze you say!? Once again, I wish I lived closer 😊😊🥂
Hope the day is going well

UKViewer said...

I'm glad we don't do online ordering (of booze) it can be a pain getting the slot you need. Now I have discovered that Morrisons are on Amazon I am tempted to order from them, rather than go to the store, but I am resisting the temptation because I don't want to be locked indoors 7 days a week.

I know I have to mask up, sanitize and keep distance, but at least there are humans there, other than just me and the missus at home with the cats.

And I go out to church twice a week to assist at streamed services, and meet at least the Vicar, and sometimes his spouse.

I now have PCC this week on Zoom and Safguarding training also on Zoom in a weeks time.

Its all go