Monday 23 November 2020

Normal?

Well its still dark outside but the dustbins have been emptied apart from my collection of empty bottles! There they sat...so I have brought them back in...I am nor sure why apart from embarrassment! Monday morning is when my cleaner arrives and she did do that last week to have a drink with me before going again. We are in a whole new world here where nothing is normal any more...so I have no idea what to expect but I will go along with almost any thing at this stage. Chatting with anyone passing by is fine...I dont feel lonely and keepng this blog going is part of that so thanks to my regulars...you are all keeping me reasonably sane....ish. What doesnt help is this dark gloomy weather...I want to see some sunshine occasionally! Some joy arrived last week in the form of a very bright poster of Cornish life by Mr Dyer...I sent for the calender too and although its not up yet the beautiful pictures of Cornwall in all its seasons brightens my life daily, prompting memories of times past playing with my children on beaches and in the sea. The one with large red poppies above a beach glows on my office wall and cheers me everyday. In this strange world we are all living in there are still things to value and to be grateful for..and I am. So a new week will begin when my cleaner artives...and just getting on with normality will help...a bit. There is still so much too enjoy...and to relish in all this dross. And I do...mostly anyway!

2 comments:

Martha's Sister said...

Good morning Jean. Your pictures of Cornwall sound amazing. I currently have a Suffolk scenes calendar in my study. 😊
Hope your cleaner comes and you can have a chat with a real person!
It was a beautiful sunrise here. Afraid I can’t share the photos here.
Hope you have a good day 😊

UKViewer said...

Thanks for a cheerful blog.

Hoping you enjoy this new day.