Friday 26 February 2021

Getting up!

Gosh I am fed up! This is not usual for me but I am getting used to it. So many things are going wrong in my old home. Why this should happen now I dont know. But having sorted out several problems this week I am now waiting for the next thing! The sun shines outside but in here I am strangely reluctant to start moving in case I find anything else wrong. Earlier looking out of the window I saw that most unusual sight.... a very white frosting covered the field outside. its gone now the sun is out. But it will be cold out there. So my first job this morning was to go round the radiators . They are all hot! Staying warm at home feels like the best idea just now. Lets hope that works out! Since this period started I havnt done a big wash in the machine. I have simply washed small things by hand...but very soon now I will need to put sheets and towels in the machine! So I am putting this task off. I worry in case anything else goes wrong . In this strange world nothing feels normal any more .... I expect things to go wrong now. So I have to start moving soon. But not yet! First I am listening to the radio. ....everything sounds fine out there! But getting out of bed could alter that perception! So its no good...the time has come. Up I get! Now!

2 comments:

Martha's Sister said...

Good morning Jean, it must be a morning for wanting to stay in bed! I had to force myself to emerge from my cosy cocoon!
A sharp frost here too, but the sky is clear and the sun is shining. I shall clear away the breakfast things, and then wrap up warm and take the dog for a walk!
And after that? Who knows! Maybe the garden will beckon
Hope you have a good day and hope the washing machine behaves itself if you use it! 🤞

UKViewer said...

Our washing machine was playing up, but still usable. Our insurance sent a nice engineer within a couple of days, who sorted it out, virtually rebuilt it, elderly as it is. Now running like a dream, no shaking, rocking or high pitched wine, which was evident before the repairs.

This is actually nearly 20 years old, but while they have the spares, they will repair them. Our insurance includes a replacement machine, so whatever happens, new or old, we are covered.

I hope your day, goes better for you.