Friday 18 June 2021

The visitors!

Waking very early as is becoming usual I decided to stay put and doze. Two hours later I woke with a sense of achievement..I had had a lie in! Wow! Only then did I remember that my gardener would be here. And he was...his car sat neatly outside whilst I tried to get myself dressed . After getting some clothes on fast I then had to check if I had enough actual cash to pay him with. It has to be cash since I discovered that he didnt trust banks enough to pay in my cheques! So after getting some clothes on I then checked my purse! All is well. I have enough cash this week! ! Outside I hear the sound of grass being clipped. But hes still a long way away...so there is time for a coffee! Its a lovely day again out there...and all appears well. So I will be able to chat. John tells me whats going in the village and any other news thats come his way. He is very hard on the vistors mostly and I have to remind him that they bring much needed cash with them. He usually grunts at that! But it is true...the shops do very well from our visitors so the village prospers during the summer months. But John has always stories to tell which I enjoy hearing.... of quarrels over various items in the shops...we are not too well off for the luxuries of life in the village., unless you count the odd bottle of gin! Most of our visitors bring quite a lot of food and drink with them...which makes life simpler! So in June we have quite a lot of new people here...and John will no doubt tell me all about them over his cuppa! Time to put the kettle on!

1 comment:

Martha's Sister said...

Hello Jean.
I do hope you had what we call in Suffolk, a good Mardle with your gardener 😊😊

I’m very envious of you lovely weather. We have rain of Biblical proportions here!!