Saturday 19 June 2021

Getting on with it!

I apologise to anyone who sent a comment yesterday. First thing this morning I inadvertently deleted a couple of posts by mistake and although I tried I couldnt get them back. Its too early ... I am still half asleep! I have been out though...my daily walk around the garden is still a delight! I am told that this glorious weather does not extend to the other half of the country but here we have enjoyed almost tropical sun for about a week! Yesterday I enjoyed a conversation with one of my neighbours...we are fighting back right now...it seems the best way of dealing with the pandemic. Just getting on with life makes us all feel better I think! I have got into the habit of checking whats in the fridge every morning....just to be on the safe side .... to establish that I have still got enough to last till the next delivery...I am not eating much on my own. Life hasnt actually come to a halt but it sometimes feels as though it has! I am now used to living alone...its teally not a problem and in some ways it is easier not to be responsible for feeding another person. A bit of conversation would be good though! So on I go with the blog...my substitute for another person! Good morning all!

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Sorry you lost my comment from yesterday. Not a problem as I can't recall now what I wrote.

Glad you are enjoying things now, and just getting on with it, is what most of us are doing as well. We live in different places and different contexts, but our choices are the same. So, no matter what the government plans or doesn't plan to do, its effect us us (here at least) will change little. Our routines will go on, Jen will go to work 2 days a week, while I will continue with stuff in Church. I have one excursion to the Cathedral on 3 July for the farewell service for our Diocesan Bishop James who retires soon after. He has been in post for just over 10 years and he licensed me in 2017 and gave me PTO two years later. I will miss him, but we have Bishop Simon for the vacancy who is a former Arch Deacon of Rochester, so we know him well. Now the circus for a new bishop is already underway. Oh Dear.