Sunday 20 June 2021

Taking Stock!

Its still beautiful here! So far it is also very quiet! The steady stream of traffic has gone! The odd car can still be heard but its very quiet indeed just now. So have all those people who arrived last weekend gone home? Only time will tell! But it being Sunday I have a lot of rubbish to get out for collection in the morning. It could be there alone! Compared to last weekend its seriously very still out there! I am not complaining about this just wondering if everyone has gone home now! Ive checked the date and as its still June that seems unlikely. By checking the date I have noted that soon I have another birthday to contend with. This is not an auspicious occasion..just one more year to add to the collection. I have no problem remembering the date ...its just the actual age I would rather forget! Yesterday i had a chat with my neighbours which was very pleasant. It does make a difference! I felt almost human again! I have done my check of food and drink now too. I wont starve until the next Tesco delivery arrives...and I seem to have accumulated quite a lot off booze! So I can die happy! But not yet Lord, not quite yet!

2 comments:

Martha's Sister said...

Good morning Jean. Sunday again! Where do the weeks go - and the years. I hope you have a lovely birthday when the day arrives.
Thinking about things getting back to ‘normal’, I had three friends here for a meal yesterday evening. We were all saying we hadn’t done anything like that (as guests or hosts) for over a year. One of them was saying it was the first time she had been in someone else’s house in all that time!
Enjoy your day and the peace and quiet

UKViewer said...

It does sound as if things are settling down a little for you. You have enough food and booze to sustain you for the time being and a delivery can be organized when needed.

Today has been busy, one service, but preaching and prayers, serving and vestry duties all part of the life giving role I have the privilege of being licenced (with PTO) for. And believe it or not, a friend a retired priest hugged me. Not sure whether it was my sermon or hanging around as people left, fishing for feedback?

But the church door is the only meeting point these days as we are still not allowed to have coffee after a service, which is where much church business gets done. Now we have to circulate via Whatsap or facebook messenger to have a brief conversation about things we need done.

And social distancing and masks do nothing to improve conversation alas.

I hope you are able to continue to meet neighbours, gardeners and cleaners who provide real life human contact.