Monday 26 July 2021

Pass words!

My memory is getting worse! Trying to find all the right passwords for everything I do on line is testing! The ideal would be to just have one password for everything ...but its too late for this now...I try to stick to one but often there are numbers involved...and I inevitably get them wrong too. I must try to get another grocery shop up and running soon. But everytime I start, the demand for the password stops me in my track! Writing them down sounds like a good idea until I then find several and pick the wrong one! I am sure there is a good way for this and in the past I have used them but this time its been several weeks since the last shop and I know I will get it wrong....more than once! Just going down to the village should be easier but just now we are definately full! Trying to find a parking place is the main problem...cars are everywhere! So I must attempt a shop on line...at the very least it will prevent me from going actually mad! In theory! Let no one say "Too late."

3 comments:

barb m said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emmy. said...

Why don't you get a new password or each place you deal with, as you do this, write it in some little book and what it is for, then put the book in a safe place and as you get a new password for everyone, only
use those in the book and it will always be the right one. I am your
age and a widow and know what it is like with passwords and I do this.
Hope it helps.

UKViewer said...

Passwords are the bane of life for most of us. Managing them can be difficult. My suggestion as before is to keep a list on lined paper. Listing passwords for each purpose with lined spaces between each and the date you changed the password.

When you change the password, add the new one with a date and score a line through the old one, so you know you have changed it.

I do this, as does my spouse. I also photograph the list and keep it on each of the devices that I use, all password protected with dual logins 2 fold, so if I am to login there it will send an authorisation text to a nominated device email or text of messenger to authorise access to the service I need. It isn't perfect, but it reduces the number of password forgotten incidents day to day.