Saturday 18 September 2021

People!

I got taken out yesterday. A very old friend took me over to the village where I used to live for a meal in the pub! It made everything feel normal again! And it was reassuring to see old friends still living their lives comfortably. I am promised another trip out soon but just now I need a period of time to relax in. I am having to accept the fact That I have become old. We had all become old of course, it wasnt just me! I am promised another trip out soon but today spending time quietly at home is definately the best option! I am getting sedentry! But yesterday showed me thst I am not the only one...we are all getting ancient! This should not have been a surprise but oddly it was....its not just me! Life alone here is not a problem for me...most days I like it! If someone knocks on the door my heart sinks until I see who it is ! So many of us with greying hair, lined faces, and walking sticks was not sad! We laughed alot and I shall go again! Living here means that most days I only see the odd neighbour and I was surprised yesterday by how much I enjoyed being with a group of people. I must try to do it more often!

2 comments:

Martha's Sister said...

Good morning Jean
So pleased to read that you had a good time out with old friends yesterday.
😊

UKViewer said...

I am glad you enjoyed the trip out and the company. Demonstrating you can do it, if the circumstances are right for you.

Rest for now, but knowing you can do it if you want to.