Sunday 19 September 2021

No milk!

Gosh its quiet out there! The traffic on the road has slowed down to one car every ten minutes or so. So we are back to normal! This feels good which is ridiculous of course but it feels like life as we have known it is about to resume! Silly things like my running out of sugar are irritants I could do without but mostly I am feeling good! Optimistic even. I am told that many people are still here but going soon.I might go down to the village next week...but that trip can wait for a little while! I need to do a grocery shop this morning..The last time I tried the waiting time was almost a month...but I am hopeful that we are back to a week or so. The last time I said something like that I got told off by someone who said it should only take a couple of days. I can only assume she doesnt live miles from anywhere! Even when we are not full of visitors it takes at least a week...often more! But I choose to live in this glorious place so I have to accept some limitations! And I do! I have been typing away, listening and my first statement seems to be true....even though its Sunday the traffic is very much lighter! Alleluia!

2 comments:

Martha's Sister said...

Good afternoon Jean. I hope you are having a peaceful Sunday and that the grocery order proved to be straightforward.
I’m awaiting a visit from my ‘whirlwind’ granddaughters! It won’t be too peaceful here in an hour’s time!
At ages 4 and 3 they have non stop energy 😊😊

UKViewer said...

I presume from the title, you have or are running out of Milk, making the shopping order more urgent.

I do hope that you are able to get what you need soon.

And that the quiet times continue for now.