Monday 20 September 2021

Dustbins!

I am fairly sure Ive blogged on this subject before....so sorry ..but really some weeks I need to let off steam! Monday morning is when our dustbins are emptied. The wagon arrives around nine and then We can get the empty ones in. My prooblem is that I am one dustbin missing. I have talked to the people in charge and they sent me a new one. That has also been taken. Altogether over the years I have lost a fair number of bins.... my problem is that I dont take anyone elses bin. I just buy new one or arrange for another one to be delivered. They go too. I have tried putting my name on them ....that doesnt stop the problem....its easy to just wipe it off. This morning I have had a conversation with someone removing his dustbin. He has painted his name on it. So I should just do the same obviously but somehow this never works for me. Over the years I have lost about ten dustbins never to be seen again! It is simply a fact of life living out in the sticks that people take dustbins...I really dont know why...I suppose they dont think anyone actually owns their bin..so its not really stealing. But thats not how it feels when a brand new bin disappears over night. Arghhhh!

2 comments:

Martha's Sister said...

Good evening Jean.
Your dustbin problems must be most irritating.
Our wheelie bins are put out by the village green and no one would dream of taking someone else’s. Most of us have used permanent marker to ‘label’ them

UKViewer said...

You might believe that here in Semi-Urban North Kent we won't have a similar problem, but the reality is quite different. Our bins, all issued by the council go out on a schedule different colours, week on week. All have house numbers on them. But the waste collectors send people ahead of the bin wagon and drag the bins out to the roadside. After being emptied they are discarded back on the road side or pavements, all mixed up and finding your own among 20 or 30 bins on our stretch of the road can be a nightmare. Some times we end up with someone's bin with a different number from a house over 20 up the street. Finding you own bin can be a struggle. More recently we had had a strike from July, which only ended this week. Bins were only emptied sporadically with some services suspended. We went six weeks before a much reduced service was introduced. Frustrating is the word I would use.