Wednesday 22 September 2021

Warm clothes now!

Its another beautiful day outside..but there is a chill in the air this morning! It will soon be time to get some warmer clothes out. Sorting out what to wear most days is easy...as no one sees what I am wearing its actually more important to stay comfortable than look good. And yet years of trying to look OK have left their mark. Plus I am going out at the weekend...with people I dont know very well. One person Ive known for many years has included me in his plans for an interesting couple of days next week. Meeting several people who are new to me has caused me to think about what I do wear day by day. Most days I tend to put on what I took off last night. This is very lazy but as on most days no one sees what I look like it doesnt matter....and yet somehow it does...I need to be tidy and if possible smart! But being warm seems most important just now...having been outside briefly I am aware that I need a warm jacket on or I will get cold! Its much too soon to get the central heating on and yet....I admit I am tempted...if only to be sure its still working! The transition from summer to winter is always fraught..but it needs to be started soon judging by the chill outside this morning! I must get a warm jumper on....if I can find one!

1 comment:

Martha's Sister said...

Good morning Jean
Your dilemma sounds very familiar! I think we have become so used to not going anywhere that having to face friends and ‘the public’ causes challenges in the dressing department!
Hopefully you don’t have the issue I have, in that through lack of use some of my clothes appear to have shrunk 🤣🤣

Your plans for next week sound wonderful and it’s good you will be with old friends and potential new friends. Enjoy!