Tuesday 18 January 2011

Beautiful Barbados.

We liked Barbados. We have done it now in a day! We travelled from coast to coast and visited a beautiful old church and some stunning beaches. The island is green and lush with tropical flowers in great profusion It is quite simply paradise on earth.
The people are great too. We were met with smiles and laughter and honesty. One woman gave me back the twenty dollar note I had mistaken for one dollar.
Since getting back to the ship I have been composing a note to the bishop.
Dear Tim. I feel I could exercise my calling here very effectively. Please arrange an exchange starting at once. Love etc. Well it is an Anglican church here...you never know.
We saw the oldest church built in the 17 th century over looking the sea and with the same feeling of peace that is apparent at St Just. David talked to the church warden as two wardens together.
The drive through Bridgetown revealed an ancient government house next to some very modern buildings. So many diamond and emerald shops. No wonder we didn't stop to look!
It was all beautiful.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Ray Barnes said...

I'm disappointed to hear that since you didn't stop, you won't be including an emerald with the tenor I asked you to bring back for me.
Some people have all the fun!