Monday 7 March 2011

Village life

It is my season for bumping into old friends. This morning I had to go into the village to have my yearly MOT. The older ones among you will understand! Once a year we have our blood pressure checked and anything else that looks as if it needs it. And it's just as well it was done this morning because it's now shot up after the laptop I ordered last Wednesday failed to turn up for the second day running.
The nurse at the doctors was a parishioner from a nearby parish I have known for years. The receptionist turned out to be someone I have known since she was a girl wandering about shoeless and carefree on the local beaches.
She said she had worked there for a year now.
"I don't do doctors" I said.
Around the village I bumped into several other people I know well and some who are acquaintances. This is I suppose the nature of village life. The downside is the parking. Even without the notice that I am visiting someone they all know my car. I couldn't get it into a parking place this morning without it being on the slant and sticking out onto the road. So I moved it to a proper car park some way away not wanting to confirm peoples suspicions about my driving. In a place where everybody knows you it's impossible to get away with anything.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: