Monday 9 October 2017

Quiet days.

It's been the quietest weekend I've ever had. I haven't seen another living soul. This was my choice....the excuse was getting rid of the cough I brought home with me.
But it was an excuse..
Old age is becoming real. I am aware that I do choose not to go out even when I'm invited....
I must make myself ....but it's getting harder.
When I wake I run through the day...if I find myself due to go out I tend to put it off if I can.
This morning my cleaner will arrive. We will have a couple of coffees whilst putting the world to rights.
After that Sainsbury's will deliver the weeks food. And drink.
I suppose at my age I should expect some reduction in activity but I still feel that I have to force myself out ...do things....visit people...generally make myself available. But it's getting harder.
The truth is that I am perfectly happy on my own.
I play daft games on my iPad , chat to old friends on my phone...I don't have to go out at all. But this way lies danger. I am aware that I have to make an effort...I could just become reclusive if I don't make the effort.
And then I remember that I'm eighty.
However that must not be my excuse..that way lies danger... the old people I visit are not as old as me mostly...but unless I'm very careful I will become a reclusive self contained old lady.....
The cough has retreated. No more excuses....off we go....me and my shadows...
There is a wonderful world out there...








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: