Sunday 26 November 2017

David the first.

Yesterday I realised that I had no pictures of my first husband David,
anywhere on my iPads . He was computer phobic...as testified by all those who worked with him...so I got my first computer after his death....
I now have pictures of my children, my dogs and cats and lots of friends but none of him so I have tried to put this right...searching for proper pics was in itself an adventure...there's still lot of paper in my barn!
I finally found quite a lot and got them all onto my iPhone so they should all now have arrived on my iPad...
Gosh, he was a six foot blonde . I'd forgotten how handsome he was....in an old fashioned sort of way...
The really odd thing though was that many of the pics were taken right here in Cornwall, quite close to where I live now....we both loved it.
Photos of him and our golden retriever in many of my favourite places reveal that I did succeed in one of our dreams and hopes for our old age.
I did move to God's own country with just the dogs. I like to think he was up there cheering me on.
The events after that must have been a bit of a shock for my old boy...especially my priesthood.
The pictures of him with our golden retriever, Major in all our favourite places are now very dear to me. I tried to upload a pic for this blog but I seem to have lost my ability to post photos on here.
I did try but it just didn't carry...
It's almost certainly my fault but there is an irony here...his total disapproval of all things digital still holds good.
So no pic.....ok David.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Babs said...

A lovely man our privilege to have known him, a tremendous sense of fun and humour. Men like him don't die, they are always with us. I have quite a lot of photos of him. Do you remember the two of them sinking in our small skiff of Alcatraz? We laughed so much. We had to get the little seagull engine off the bottom of the river !

Revjeanrolt said...

I do remember Babs...and a lot more now I've found the pics...another friend still talks about him every time we meet.... and remembers quite a lot of his jokes! I can't. Just as well!