Wednesday 27 December 2017

Lava barbecue!

We have moved off from Lanzerotte now....off to the next hot spot. And it is actually warm enough to sit outside in the sunshine though I am now much more careful than I once was. Tomorrow we arrive in the Canaries...
I am finding it more tiring than I used to but I suppose that's inevitable at my age.
Leaving the ship to walk into the towns is still part of the trip but I tend to book trips on coaches so they do all the work. It's not as satisfying as exploring on my own but it means that I do see most of the important places...
Today is Casa Blanca. I think.
Nothing could be as spectacular as a visit to The Mountain of Fire.
The whole area was warm to the touch, hot in places...we were warned not to touch anything and found barbecues in some very unlikely places...
These were holes in the lava with iron grids, holding sausages and potatoes cooking slowly in the heat.
Back at the ship I found that I had lost a bracelet. It was very old but gold so I spent the afternoon looking for it.
I don't want to think anyone could have stolen it so I'll go on looking....
I am getting tired....sitting on a bus will do fine...
I am getting old!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Getting or Got?

You are after all over 50, which is the new 30, while 60 is the new 40 and 80 is the new 60.