Thursday 8 February 2018

Solitary life.

Despite the snow covered road yesterday the plumber did arrive and the heating is now running again...but once again we have no idea why it failed...
Everything in this house is weird...it’s what you get when you take two existing houses to make one larger one.
As I get older it’s idiosyncrasies are becoming harder to deal with...but I have help when I need it....mostly.
Every week or so I decide to reorganise it.
My barn now holds several big boxes full of reorganised stuff...but somehow the house stays cluttered....
I only realise this properly when I have visitors...
But mostly being alone here suits me well.
Having the radio tuned to radio 4 on in every room as I wander around in the morning holding a feather duster is fine but as I’ve mentioned before I have no dust to move...
I’ve now spoken to several other old people and they confirm the no dust statement. We think it’s dogs or cats that provide most of the dust.
But us...the ancient ones...living solitary lives..we don’t scatter dust as we move around...
Keeping everything running, making sure I’ve remembered everything is becoming more complicated.
So this mornings task is to see if my car will start....and then take it out for a drive...my favourite route takes me to the next village, along the road that looks out to Gull rock ....I may stop to visit friends en route...but that depends on the state of the battery.
I can do this.....

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

UKViewer said...

Do you have a garage for the car? Because a heated garage with a plug in point for your battery to trickle charge (once a week) will keep it in tip top condition and electric doors stops having to raise and lower garage doors. This is my ideal, but not yet achieved and we have 2 cars, so need a bigger garage.

Revjeanrolt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Revjeanrolt said...

I removed the first reply because I’d missed out a word.....but no I don’t have a garage at all. Just the carpeted heated barn...but the car sprang to life first touch...so all is well...

UKViewer said...

All is well indeed :)