Wednesday 25 July 2018

Atmos clock.

One of my recent visitors spotted an unusual clock sitting on top of my book case.
I sternly told him he could look at it but not to touch it or disturb it in any way because it was very delicate.
So he looked and saw the constant turning of the ring but was bemused by the news that it never needed to be wound up.
It was the clock given to my husband on his retirement. It sits high on a bookcase and the small movement of the wheel that drives it shows very clearly.
I never touch it. My cleaner flicks a feather duster over it....very gingerly.
On moving house my husband carried it here on his knee to keep it steady.
It used to have the right time but now somehow it’s lost some hours. I have no idea how or why.
My friend who has an enquiringly mind went off and researched it. I can now give it a name.
It is an Atmos clock. Atmos is short for atmosphere.
It apparently works by using the tiny atmospherical changes that occur naturally through the day.
I am grateful to my friend....it is one of life’s mysteries explained. I shall go on looking at it without touching.....
I’m just glad it’s not actually magic. I don’t think I could have coped with that.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: