Thursday, 30 August 2018

Body shaping?

As I flick through the headlines from the papers on my iPad one minor headline caught my eye.
"I make bottoms as big as possible!"
Pardon? The words of a surgeon were fascinating.
I started reading.....it appears that having a big bum is now something to aspire to...
It’s a weird world. I spent a good deal of time in my youth trying to make my bottom look smaller. Going off to have it surgically "improved" would never have entered my mind.
Any procedure designed to enhance our less than perfect bodies seems a bit drastic, certainly nothing to go in for when exercise does the same job.
What is even more staggering is how much money young people are prepared to spend in order to "improve" their bodies.
I did spend years of my life dieting fairly regularly when ever weight piled on.
Losing my fat at times did become a regular aim.
I cut out lots of carbon loaded food. I never ate chocolate or any sweets, I always bordered on being "big"
Now in old age the thought of dieting is just daft. I eat what I want and stay more or less the same which is certainly not slim but it’s not fat either...the body I now have just needs to carry me along with relative ease and occasional speed.
But going into hospital to have bits of it tampered with has never occurred to me.
Especially making my bottom bigger...!
Or smaller!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: