Tuesday, 28 August 2018

Identity theft?

I had fun yesterday when I tried to photograph my passport and driving license...
This in itself was not a problem... they only started when I tried to place them on a page so I could print them off!
It should have been easy but somehow it wasn’t. It just contributed to my awareness of the daftness of all this.
I’m getting too old for all this messing about to try to prove my identity.
I have a fellow priest coming to see me this afternoon to talk about my present situation so I was trying to get all my ducks in a row but once again I failed.
I am arriving at the point where I think retirement is a sensible solution.
Small things, once easy are now difficult. Physically I am fine....I think.
I can still do all the things I’ve got used to doing over the years...in a couple of weeks I am off cruising again.....I shall enjoy walking the deck and seeing new places.
But first I have to try to jump through all the hoops here at home.
Eventually I will be able to see the funny side of all this but right now I am feeling quietly outraged at having to prove my identity in order to reassure the church that I’m not an imposter living in my house.
It’s just daft!
I am glad to be able to talk to someone about all this. So far everything else has been done by email. A real living person will be a relief ..I think.
I don’t need to work. I have enough to do just keeping my home and garden in good order.
But I’m happy to talk and I do now have some weird photographs on my phone. If I get lost on my travels I can actually prove who I am...it’s just how to explain why I might need to that’s the problem!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: