Thursday 27 September 2018

Canada!

We are arriving at our first stop in Canada and it’s raining. I have no excursions booked for today so unless it looks inviting out there I may just stay home.
One of my new friends is a powerful woman who likes her own way.
Yesterday I got several messages on the phone and last night was taken to the pub twice....before and after dinner.
Today I have decided not to play!
I am becoming a miserable old woman....but I am OK.
Yesterday I went to buy another huge tee shirt to sleep in having spent the first two weeks of this trip in the first one.
I shall take them home with me as a permanent reminder of my forgetfulness.
I may not wear them in bed though!
Our original supper table has now shrunk to about five of us..the rest have all disappeared.
I have now grown used to the way of life prevailing...on each cruise there is collective feeling that can be reassuring but on this one is not.
I am enjoying the American channels on the TV....yesterday watching Trump was addictive as he dominated the airwaves.
The people on board are sharply divided into those who think he’s a God send and those who believe he is doing the work of the devil.
In the middle lie those who just think he’s mistaken but not dangerous...
I have met two people whose first language is French and they have been refreshing my school girl grasp of the rudiments .
This is my first visit to Canada...it will be interesting.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: