Friday 12 October 2018

Home soon.

We are in the last days of this cruise now. The journey through The Atlantic has been peaceful. So far. New people appear and disappear. The couple who turned up on our table yesterday knew St Mawes and had stayed at the grand hotel at various times...
They had also been to Henley. The annual trip with David was very special and it was odd yesterday to be talking about it all and it felt very nostalgic...
When I get home next week I have to book several concerts at the Tresanton music festival which I attend with old friends from the days long before I went to live there.
They hated the modern music last year so I am praying for some quietly classical concerts this time.
Life has become a series of events. All of them good but a period of blessed quiet would go down well just now.
Four days after I get back is another Safeguarding Day....which I have to attend in order to continue as a priest...
Life is certainly not dull.....and I can’t help wondering if maybe I should simply not go and make my retirement official...
I am not sure just now whether I’m ready for this....we shall see.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: